Physiotherapy in Broadmeadow
At Broadmeadow Physiotherapy our focus is simple, to provide optimal care for you. Our Physiotherapists will deliver individualised care and attention to return you to your optimal health and maximal performance. Conveniently and centrally located within the Broadmeadow Medical Centre we cater for clients from all over the Newcastle, Lower Hunter and Nelson Bay regions.
Whatever your injury, we can provide a solution.
Our Trusted Physio Team
Physio starts with a great team plus a wealth of knowledge and experience
We have physio experience with major Newcastle Sports Clubs
Expert physiotherapists in sport and recovery
Our expertise in Sports Physio means that our Newcastle Physiotherapy team treat athletes “paid to play” by professional sporting clubs such as Newcastle Jets, The Lambton Jaffas, Adamstown Rosebud, Hamilton Olympic, South Cardif FC and we are also an Australian physiotherapist Association member. We attend the weekend competition games and treat on site injuries and prepare the athletes with injury prevention measures. Our friendly staff have are trusted in sports physiotherapy in the Newcastle and Hunter regions to ease the pain of local athletes.
5 Star Google Reviews for our physio services
Ryan Griffiths – Ex Australian Olympian and Newcastle Jets Captain
“I have used Broadmeadow physio countless times throughout my career and their expert treatment advice and recovery methods are the reason I will continue to use them”
No, a referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist in Newcastle. You may simply book an appointment or drop in and tell us your story.
You do not need to bring anything other than yourself and your story. If you have any correspondence from your Doctor or surgeon, this information is helpful, so please do bring this along with any investigation results, films, and reports that you may have.
We have a same day policy and are happy to accomodate you, however, if you have a particular time fram that you prefer, it is best to book in advance.
- A 40-60 minute initial consultation – the variation in time is dependent on the complexity of the presentation.
- 30-40 minutes for any follow up appointments required
- A thorough interview and physical exam
- An accurate diagnosis – this is key and our point of difference.
- Plenty of ‘hands on’ or manual treatment
- A home exercise program that will continually be progressed
- Continued evaluation of work (is this treatment technique working for you?)
- Continued communication with your referrer, trainer or doctor
- Direct referral for necessary investigations, &
- Direct referral to Doctors, Surgeons, and members of the allied health team, as required.
At Broadmeadow Physiotherapists Newcastle, we strive to:
- Provide you with a diagnosis – an accurate diagnosis!
- Explain the problem or pathology in detail, and look at all possible causes.
- Tell you how to help yourself
- Explain the role that physio will play in your rehab journey, and what it is we can do to help you
- Treat the actual cause of your problem, so that you won’t experience recurrences of the same condition
- Give you an estimate of time – how long you will be dealing with this particular problem for
- Meet all your goals, with respect to time and result, through the use of evidence based and clinically proven manual therapy techniques and exercise prescription
- Maintain communication – keeping regular contact with your GP, surgeon, or personal trainer ensures that all concerned with your health or fitness are on the same page, thus ensuring to you the most comprehensive product available
- Deliver a service to you that is punctual – we understand that our patients also have busy schedules and do not want to be kept waiting
- Ensure you receive an appointment within 24 hours (if required)
Yes, a HICAPS facility is available on site at our physiotherapy, so that you – the patient, can claim your private health insurance rebate immediately, on the spot.
Nothing! we are pleased to ‘bulk bill’ you for this but you must have your medicare card on you.
In order to receive a Medicare rebate for your physiotherapy services at Broadmeadow physio Newcastle, your GP must provide you with an enhanced primary care (EPC) plan. Please bring this with you.
This plan states that your condition is chronic, and that they recommend physiotherapy as a modality for management of your condition.
This entitles you to a Medicare rebate, for up to 5 treatment sessions within a twelve month period.
Our reception staff will be able to assist you with the health related issues and will provide you with everything that you need to claim your rebate from Medicare online.
At Broadmeadow Physiotherapy our team consists of Physiotherapists Newcastle and an Exercise Physiologist. We have a diverse array of interests ranging from immobilisation, water proof casting, spinal pain and injuries, to sporting injuries and degenerative joint problems.
We can offer you a solution to your problem by utilising one, or all, of our team members. As we are located on the top floor ** of the Broadmeadow Medical Centre, Lambton Rd, there is scope for access to general practitioners on the ground floor of the building.